As a member of Berliner Cohen’s Tax Group, Mr. Valenti counsels individuals, corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies in a variety of matters, ranging from qualified small business stock to mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Valenti has a particular expertise in providing federal and state income, property and documentary transfer tax advice in connection with real property transactions. Those transactions include purchase and sale transactions, IRC Section 1031 exchanges, and partnership and limited liability company formations, dissolutions, and restructurings.
Mr. Valenti also has significant experience in representing individuals and businesses before the Internal Revenue Service, Franchise Tax Board, State Board of Equalization and Employment Development Department on a wide range of tax matters. He frequently represents clients with foreign reporting issues, including assisting them with entering into and opting out of the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program, entering into the Streamlined Filing Compliance Program, and resolving issues related to late-filed foreign informational forms, including FinCEN Form 114 (FBAR), Form 8938, Form 5471, Form 8865, and Form 926.
From 2009 through 2015, Mr. Valenti was recognized as a Northern California Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Tax.
- California Tax Amnesty
- Related Party 1031 Exchanges
- 1031 Exchanges Involving Partnerships
- Overview of Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs
- Born in Dallas, Texas
- Married with two children
- Interests include mountain biking, hiking and snowboarding
- State Bar of California, 2001 to present
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, 2002 – present
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2002
- California Western School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2001
- Academic Achievement Award in Legal Research and Writing
- University of Illinois, B.S., Finance, 1998