Mr. Correia’s primary area of specialization is Estate and Business Succession Planning with special focus on agriculture and closely held family businesses. He strives to create an orderly and cost effective means to transfer his client’s wealth to the next generations with as little tax impact as possible. He also counsels his clients with administering and distributing assets after death through trust administration and/or probate. Mr. Correia’s professionalism and caring demeanor sets him apart as a comforting but strong advocate for his clients and their families. His practice is closely tied to the agriculture community due to his family’s 70 year Central Valley farming tradition. His intimate understanding of the AG industry and Master’s degree in Business Administration make him uniquely qualified to spot and address many of the issues faced by our Valley’s family farms and businesses. Mr. Correia sincerely enjoys the special relationships that he develops with his clients while helping guide and counsel them in a direction that meets the particular needs of their families, farms, and businesses.
Mr. Correia received his undergraduate degree in politics and Master’s degree with Dean’s Award in Business Administration from Saint Mary’s College of California. He obtained his law degree with distinction for academic excellence from the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento.
Mr. Correia works closely on estate planning and administration with his clients’ accountants, insurance agents, and financial planners to ensure they have the best and most complete plans in place. He is a member of the Trust, Estate Planning and Probate Law Section of the State Bar of California, the Merced and Fresno County Bar Associations, the Fresno County Bar Agriculture Section, and the Stanislaus County Estate Planning Council. He is also an active advisory member of the UC Merced Planned Giving Advisory Board.
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of California, Trust, Estate Planning, and Probate Law Section
- Fresno County Bar Association, Agriculture Section
- Merced County Bar Association
- Stanislaus County Estate Planning Council
- UC Merced Planned Giving Council
- American Bar Association
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., with distinction, 2012
- Traynor Honor Society
- 2011 California Water Law Symposium, Co-Chair
- Saint Mary’s College of California School of Business and Economics, Master of Business Administration, with honors, 2009
- Dean’s Award for top academic achievement of graduating class
- Saint Mary’s College of California, B.A., Politics, 2006
- Catholic Institute for Lasallian Social Action
- American Public Works Association, Intern