Ghazaleh Modarresi defends clients in all aspects of labor and employment litigation. Her diverse practice includes litigating cases involving employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, wage-and-hour claims (both individual and collective actions), unfair business practices, whistleblower claims, and wrongful discharge. She represents employers in both state and federal court as well as before state and federal agencies.
In addition to litigation, Ms. Modarresi assists clients in identifying and avoiding employment-related problems before they occur and advises clients regarding preventative employment law practices, including drafting employment policies, providing internal employment audits, and assisting in investigations of harassment charges.
During law school, Ms. Modarresi was a Judicial Extern for Senior United States District Judge Susan Illston.
Each year since 2014 to the present, Ms. Modarresi has been selected to the Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star list – a recognition given to no more than 2.5 percent of California attorneys.
- Panelist at "How to Become a Law Professor," FBANC, San Francisco, 2017
- Panelist at "The Ins and Outs of Employment Law Practice," San Francisco, 2016
- Panelist at "Litigation Practice, UC Hastings College of the Law," San Francisco, 2015
- Panelist at "Litigation Practice, UC Hastings College of the Law," San Francisco, 2014
- "Pregnancy Leave Laws," San Francisco, 2014
- Married and resides with her husband and daughter in Los Altos, California.
- Interests include travel, cooking, and spending time with her family.
- Fluent in conversational Farsi.
- State Bar of California
- All California state courts
- United States District Court, Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- State Bar of California Labor and Employment Law Section
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Iranian American Bar Association
- USF School of Law, Adjunct Professor, Employment Law Clinic, 2014-2016
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 2008
- Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly, Articles Editor
- Negotiation and Mediation Team
- Legal Writing and Research, Teaching Assistant
- International Academy of Dispute Resolution Competition, Negotiation and Mediation Team, placed 2nd of over 200 teams; Best Attorney Advocate
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, Anthropology, 2004
- Phi Beta Kappa; College Honors; Dean’s List; Golden Key Honor Society