Ellen’s practice at Berliner Cohen focuses on representation of individuals and businesses in civil litigation in state and federal courts.
Prior to Berliner, Ellen worked as a Graduate Law Clerk at the Office of the County Counsel, County of Alameda and as an extern to the Office of the City Attorney, Redwood City.
Articles / Publications
- Ellen Taylor & Nathan Koskella, Young v. United Parcel Service, Inc., 62 FED. LAW. 72 (2015) (original work published in the LII Supreme Court Bulletin in 2014).
- Ellen Taylor & Nathan Koskella, Baker Botts v. ASARCO, LII Supreme Court Bulletin (2015), https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/cert/14-103
- Ellen Taylor & Nathan Koskella, Oneok v. Learjet, LII Supreme Court Bulletin (2015), https://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/cert/13-271.
- Ellen Taylor & Nathan Koskella, Jennings v. Stephens, LII Supreme Court Bulletin (2014), http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/cert/13-7211.
- Ellen Taylor, Human Trafficking and the Thai Fishing Industry, 2 Cornell Int’l Law Journal Online 155 (2014), available at http://cornellilj.org/human-trafficking-and-the-thai-fishing-industry/.
- Ellen Taylor, Facing the Music: Jazz and the Third Reich, 3 ALEPH 50 (2013).
- State of Bar of California, 2016 – present
- Cornell Alumni Association of Northern California, Board of Directors, 2018
- Cornell Law School, Ithaca, NY, J.D., May 2016
- Honors: Cornell International Law Journal General Editor; CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Criminal Defense Trial Clinic;
- Spring 2015 Dean’s List
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A. in Philosophy, cum laude, June 2013
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa; Departmental Honors; College Honors; Bette and Don Prell Scholarship for Academic Excellence