Ms. Tewes is an associate in Berliner Cohen’s Employment Law Group. Her practice focuses on all aspects of labor and employment matters including: personnel policies, wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination.
Prior to joining Berliner Cohen, Ms. Tewes worked in People Operations in Silicon Valley for startup technology companies. From this experience she has valuable insight into the employment challenges many clients face, particularly during the volatile startup phase. She also has experience defending wage and hour claims before the California Labor Commissioner, from her work with a solo practitioner in Los Gatos.
- 2017 Sanctuary Jurisdiction Symposium – Santa Clara Law Review
- Interests include hiking, camping, and rock climbing
- State Bar of California
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- California Lawyer’s Association – Labor and Employment Law Section
- Santa Clara Law Review, Vol. 57 Symposium Editor
- Honors Moot Court Internal
- Law and Business Society, Secretary
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J. D.
- University of California, Santa Cruz