Mr. Ubhaus has over forty years of experience as a trial attorney representing clients in a variety of litigation contexts from complex civil litigation to white collar criminal defense. In addition, he has served on the Board of Directors of the Santa Clara County Conflicts Administration Program, and as a member of the Board of Governors of the California Attorneys for Criminal Justice.
Mr. Ubhaus has extensive trial experience in state and federal courts, representing clients in a wide variety of complex civil business and securities litigation in addition to matters involving allegations of securities violations, tax violations, banking law violations, environmental crimes and mail fraud.
Mr. Ubhaus has been consistently honored in the area of criminal defense in The Best Lawyers in America®. From 2005 through 2016, Mr. Ubhaus was recognized as a Northern California Super Lawyer in White Collar Criminal Defense.
- Born in San Francisco, California
- Married with two children
- Interests include backpacking, fly fishing, tennis, golf and reading
- State Bar of California, 1970 – present
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeal, Second and Ninth Circuits
- United States District Courts, California, Hawaii, Utah, Georgia, Florida, Illinois and New York
- American Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, 1973 – present, past chairman, Federal Courts Committee
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- University of San Francisco, J.D., 1969
- Member, University of San Francisco Law Review
- Member, University of San Francisco Moot Court Board
- Recipient of the Charles Kendrick full academic scholarship, 1966 – 1969
- McAuliffe Law Honor Society
- University of San Francisco, B.S., 1966