Mr. Landrum’s corporate practice emphasizes business transactions, including entity formation, buy-sell agreements, and financing transactions (venture, private and debt), as well as day-to-day legal representation. Mr. Landrum frequently serves clients as counsel in acquisition and merger transactions, including purchases and sales, asset and stock acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures, and also in technology transactions, such as development agreements (website, software development), manufacturing agreements (OEM, VAR), and technology oriented purchase and sale agreements.
Contracts and licensing are also primary practice areas, including hardware and software licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements, distribution agreements (such as dealer, distributor and manufacturer representative agreements), and licensor/agent/licensee representation.
Mr. Landrum also has more than 20 years of experience representing art-based clients, including painters, photographers sculptors, song writers, authors, and art publishers and art agents in areas of general representation, publishing, distribution, licensing, copyright, and trademark. Speaking annually at the world’s largest fine art trade show, Mr. Landrum is a recognized expert in the field of art law, and he has served as an expert witness in the area of art licensing.
While serving as General Counsel for a NYSE company, Mr. Landrum developed creative, business oriented solutions for an industry leader with thousands of dealers in its network. As a founder and former CEO of ALCiS Health, Inc., a health products company, he has first-hand experience in developing a business from inception, including organizational matters, technology licensing, manufacturing agreements, fundraising, and merger transactions. As a former litigator, he has experience in dealing with the landmines, as well as avoiding them in the first place.
- Recently represented a client in a $150+ million dollar multi-national stock purchase transaction to a public company buyer
- Currently represents the legal interests of one of the most published painters of all time.
- Represented a client in a multi-million dollar asset purchase arrangement, including transfer of assets, employment agreements for key executives, and related earn-out agreements to a public company buyer
- Recently served as legal counsel to several corporations conducting a tax-free “spin out” of intellectual property
- Recently represented a partner in the buyout of another partner’s ownership interest in a retail business
- Represented numerous clients in multi-million dollar private placements via a reverse triangular merger into a public entity
- Represented numerous clients in purchases and sales of business, from low tech to high tech enterprises.
- Served as trial counsel to limited partners in a multi-million dollar partnership dispute involving numerous parcels of property
- Served as litigation counsel to sellers in a multi-million dollar dispute involving acquisition related matters
- Represented an art publishing company in a successful asset reorganization, allowing it to avoid bankruptcy
- Served as interim General Counsel for a technology company in bankruptcy, representing the company’s interests in the successful disposition of key assets
Articles / Publications
- The Artist’s Survival Guide: A Pocket Guide to Art Law
- Invisible Infringement, The Recorder, 2017
- Born in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Married with two children
- Interests include cooking and entertaining, Earthquakes soccer, and New Orleans Saints football