Ms. Flores represents various individuals and businesses in general civil litigation matters. She has a broad range of litigation experience, including real estate disputes, business and contractual disputes, large scale construction defect matters, personal injury and property damage claims, and trust and estate litigation. In addition, Ms. Flores routinely represents employers in state and federal courts on matters involving wage and hour claims, claims of employment discrimination and harassment, wrongful termination, and breach of employment contract.
In addition to her litigation practice, Ms. Flores represents various municipalities in matters related to land use, code enforcement, zoning, Brown Act compliance, Public Records Act compliance, human resources and workplace investigations, Child Welfare Services, and the Public Guardian/Conservator. Ms. Flores recently assisted the City of Merced in drafting and implementing its Commercial Cannabis Business Ordinance.
Ms. Flores also represents families and individuals with their estate planning needs and handles complex probate, trust administration, and conservatorship matters.
Ms. Flores joined Berliner Cohen in 2014, after spending several years as a partner in a Merced-area law firm.
- Successfully represented multiple plaintiffs in various litigation matters resulting in settlements and/or judgments in excess of $3,000,000
- Obtained favorable settlement in complicated matter involving a pharmacy error
- Handled first publicized school hazing case in the Central Valley
- Handled multi-development construction defect matters as general counsel for a local real estate developer
- Born in Merced, CA and raised in Turlock, CA
- Married with one step-son and two daughters
- Interests include traveling, reading, crafting, and spending time with family
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Merced County Bar Association
- Mariposa County Bar Association
- Stanislaus County Bar Association
- Humphreys School of Law, J.D., class salutatorian, 2003
- California State University Stanislaus, B.S., Criminal Justice, 1999