Mr. Casad has over 34 years of experience representing clients in a transactional real estate practice with an emphasis on the structuring, negotiation and documentation of transactions involving real property acquisitions/dispositions, tax-deferred exchanges, leasing, financing and development. His clients include multinational corporations, institutional investors, real estate investors and developers, financial institutions, residential housing developers and real estate partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Represented tenancy-in-common in complex sale of two-square block industrial property in San Francisco involving tax-deferred exchanges, staggered partial-sale closings and master leases
- Represented real estate investment company in multiple real property acquisitions and dispositions involving tax-deferred exchanges for commercial, office and industrial properties
- Represented national merchant builder in numerous acquisitions of residential development properties throughout California
- Represented multinational corporation in the sale, repositioning and re-use of environmentally-challenged former industrial properties throughout California. Transactions involved negotiation and documentation of complex environmental agreements
- Represented national institutional advisor in acquisition and disposition of multiple office, commercial and retail properties throughout California
- Represented numerous developers in acquisition, disposition, leasing and financing of commercial, retail and industrial residential projects
- Represented regional financial institution in disposition of REO properties.
- Represented national institutional advisor in leasing of Class A office building projects in several California markets, including several leases with major corporations for headquarters space
- Represented Silicon Valley company in acquisition of corporate campus
- Negotiated and drafted documents for major retail redevelopment project in Santa Barbara; involved extensive and complex reciprocal easement agreements and covenants, conditions and restrictions
- Born in Sacramento, California
- Interests include travel, history, and hiking
- State Bar of California, 1981 – present
- State Bar of California, member, Real Property Section
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, 1986 – present, Member, Real Property Section
- Hospice of the Valley, Member, Former Board of Directors; 2001 – 2007 Former Board President
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
- University of California, Davis, B.A., Political Science/Public Service, with Honors, 1978