2012 California Employer Update Seminar – Register for January Seminar-Merced
2012 California Employer Update Presentation – click here.
DATE & LOCATION:
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Branding Iron Restaurant
640 West 16th Street
8:00 a.m. – Registration and continental breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – Program
With the new year comes significant changes in California and Federal employment laws affecting the way companies will do business in 2012 and beyond. Berliner Cohen’s employment law attorneys will discuss recent legislation and case law and what those developments mean to employers.
- New cases and legislation impacting employer obligations to disabled workers
- Expanded liability for discrimination, harassment and retaliation
- New limitations on the use of credit reports in pre-employment screenings
- Additional penalties and liability for misclassification of workers
- The latest legal developments regarding meal and rest breaks, reporting time and other wage and hour issues
Berliner Cohen’s experienced employment law attorneys advise and represent employers and managers on a full range of legal issues affecting the workplace, including harassment and discrimination, unfair competition and trade secrets, wrongful discharge, wage and hour issues, and labor disputes. Berliner Cohen is one of the largest law firms in San Jose and Merced serving the business and regulatory needs of private business and public agencies. For over 45 years, the Firm has developed the special expertise required by a diverse client base consisting of some of Silicon Valley’s largest corporations, new ventures, leading real estate developers, cutting-edge software manufacturers, healthcare providers, mortgage banking companies, municipalities and public agencies.
Complimentary (includes continental breakfast)
RSVP requested by Tuesday, January 24.
1 hour of general CLE credit available.