Berliner Cohen Employment Attorneys Present Update at CCHRA
Roberta Hayashi and Kara Erdodi, Berliner Cohen attorneys, will be presenting the 2011 California Employer Update to the Central Coast Human Resources Association, January 13, 2011, at the Corral De Tierra Country Club in Salinas, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. The presentation will provide an overview of developments in federal and state case law and legislation, which will affect California employers in 2011 and beyond.
- The expanded definition of “employer” under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- New case law expanding the scope of wage obligations
- Increasing court disapproval of non-compete agreements
- Impact of extended unemployment benefits and the “make work pay” tax credit
- A look ahead at pending cases on meal and rest breaks, the Proposition 8 appeal, and health care reform
For details and registration information, click here.