Land Use & Municipal Law
ULI South Bay Holds “San Jose 2020”
The Urban Land Institute’s Young Leaders Group South Bay Programs Committee will hold its inaugural event, “San Jose 2020,” on Thursday, January 22, 2009, 5:30 p.m., at Adobe Systems, San Jose.
Leaders from both the public and private sectors in the South Bay will present their views on the critical issues facing real estate development over the coming decade. The panel presentation will focus on:
- Why builders appear to be heavily invested in San Jose
- Why builders are willing to develop in San Jose over the next decade, in light of the current economic conditions
- What the City of San Jose is doing to foster more development and to attract residents to the downtown area
- Economic and demographic forecasts for San Jose over the next decade
- Linda LeZotte
- Andrew Crabtree, Principal Planner, City of San Jose Department of Planning, Building & Code Enforcement
- Deke Hunter, President, Hunter Properties
- Barry Swenson, President and CEO, Barry Swenson Builders
- Kim Walesh, Chief Strategist, City of San Jose Office of Economic Development
- John Weis, Assistant Executive Director, San Jose Redevelopment Agency
A reception will follow the panel presentation.
For details and registration information, click here.