Berliner Cohen, LLP Invites you to a complimentary seminar near you!
We do the research, we monitor the court decisions, we analyze the new laws, and then we educate employers. The legislature and the courts had a robust year in 2019, which resulted in a host of new Federal, California and local laws affecting fair pay and wage requirements, mandatory harassment training requirements, who is considered an employee and more! We will review the recent employment-related legislation, significant court decisions, and changes, while discussing a range of topics, including:
- AB 5 – Who is an employee? Which industries are excluded and why?
- Dynamex and its retroactive effect
- Privacy in the work place and how the new laws affect employers
- Employer policy rules regarding natural hair, marijuana and air quality
- Arbitration agreements – are they still valid?
- How the courts limit of PAGA recovery benefits Employers
- Wage and hour developments
- Recent cases on leave of absence rules
- Updates to overtime regulations
- Best practices on rest periods, breaks and lunch hours
Seminar Dates and Details:
Santa Cruz: January 22, 2019
San Jose: January 23, 2019
- 8:30am- 9:00am - Registration
- 9:00am - 11:15am - Program
- Berliner Cohen Building, 4th Floor
Two hours HRCI credits avaiflable. Complimentary Seminar. Reservations Required. Space is limited.