Jay Landrum has extensive experience representing artists, art publishers, licensors and licensees in all stages of operation. Mr. Landrum is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property Group, where his primary focus is contracts, licensing and intellectual property law. His contracts and licensing work includes artist and author representation, licensor/agent/licensee representation, business relationship agreements (such as dealer, distributor and manufacturer representative agreements) and technology transactions.
In the field of Intellectual Property, he assists clients in developing tailored intellectual property portfolio protection and enforcement programs, handles trademark and copyright filings and enforcement, and provides counsel on employee theft and trade secret misappropriation. While serving as Senior Vice President and General Counsel for an NYSE company known for developing the popularity of such artists as Thomas Kinkade, Mr. Landrum was an integral part of the management team which developed one of the largest artist-based brands in the world. His creative, business oriented solutions were pivotal in the management of over 5000 dealers, and his development of pricing policies greatly impacted the manner in which limited edition art has been sold within the industry.
He is a regular speaker on art related topics, and has served as an expert witness on artist publishing and licensing matters.
- Represents artists in matters involving copyright and trademark infringement
- Assisted international artists with the launch of US-based publishing companies
- Outside general counsel for a brand-based company, negotiating and completing strategic relationship arrangements with a number of brand licensors, including well-known celebrities
- Outside general counsel for a client focused on art products for children
- Outside general counsel for an art publishing company in a successful asset reorganization, allowing it to avoid bankruptcy
- Represented numerous gallery owners in purchases and sales of businesses
- Assisted an emerging art publishing company in the development of key agreements
To learn more about in an easy-to-understand overview, please read Jay Landrum’s
For further assistance, download these sample business documents to assist with your art business:
LINKS FOR STATES WITH LIMTED EDITION PRINT DISCLOSURE LAWS