Latest From Berliner Cohen
- Partner, Ralph Swanson, Participates as Panelist in “The Patricia Hearst Trial: The Local Lawyers Remember”
- Berliner Cohen Appoints James P. Cashman as New Managing Partner
- Berliner Cohen Mourns the Passing of Partner Linda Callon
- Berliner Cohen Elects Three New Partners
- Berliner Cohen Secures Victory for Palisade Builders, Inc. and Doug Ross Construction
The materials on this website are not intended to and do not constitute legal advice or a solicitation for the formation of an attorney-client relationship and no attorney-client relationship is created through your use of this site or your receipt of these materials.
Last Updated: August 10, 2018
What does Berliner Cohen, LLP do?
Berliner Cohen is a California-based law firm serving the business and regulatory needs of private business and public agencies. Berliner Cohen is headquartered in San Jose, California with offices in Modesto, Merced, and Mariposa, California. Attorneys at Berliner Cohen are licensed to practice law in various jurisdictions within the United States of America (USA).
Information We Collect
- Information you provide to us voluntarily – Certain features on our Website may ask you to provide your personal information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide your business contact information in order to subscribe to our mailing list to receive legal news and insights.
- Cookies and Advertising Technologies – We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our Website, including cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. Some cookies may be required for users to operate and navigate the website. You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our Website. You can learn more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.aboutads.info/choices
- Log Information – When you use our Website, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This log information may include: details of how you used our Website, Internet protocol (IP) address, device event information, as well as cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Device Information – We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
How We Use Your Information and Why
Berliner may use information we collect from our Website, including information that you provide to us to: (1) inform you about our services; (2) send marketing communications; (3) respond to your requests for information; (4) allow you to sign up for our mailing list; (5) invite you to upcoming events and; (6) to improve our Website quality, offerings and capabilities.
For example, we may use your email address to respond to your inquiry from the “Contact Us” feature on our Website.
When We Share Information
Berliner may disclose information about you:
- With contractors and vendors who provide services on our behalf to support our business and this Website; or
- When we believe we need to do so to comply with the law, for example to cooperate with law enforcement, to obtain legal remedies or relief, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Berliner, our clients, customers, employees or others; or
- With your consent, for any other reason with your consent or at your direction to use your information in a particular way.
Third Party Websites
Information You Must NOT Provide on this Website
- Do NOT provide personal sensitive information about yourself or anyone on our Website. For example, if you wish to contact us through the website form the only information you will be asked to provide is: your first and last name, email address, phone number and a brief description of your reason for contacting us. You will never be asked to provide information like your social security number, your date and place of birth or medical information on our Website. Our Website is not directed or intended to collect this type of sensitive personal information. Especially due to the nature of our services, we strongly encourage you not to disclose sensitive information on our website.
- Do NOT provide any personal information on our Website if you are a child under the age of 13. Our Website is not directed to children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect information, including personal information, from children. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information from someone under the age of 13, we will promptly delete it. If you believe that we have mistakenly collected information from a person under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com .
Notice to Persons Accessing Our Website Outside of the United States of America (USA)
If you access this website outside of the USA, any information you provide to us on the Website will be transferred out of the country you have accessed the Website from and into the USA. If you do not want your personal information to leave the country you have accessed the Website from, please do not provide such information to Berliner and do not use the Website. When you provide personal information to Berliner you explicitly consent to the transfer of your information to the USA.
Using Our Website Does Not Create an Attorney-Client Relationship